Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can you fry pork chops in olive oil?

Forget the olive oil. You want a good pork chop? Forget healthy and fry the chop in bacon grease. You'll never eat a better pork chop after that.Can you fry pork chops in olive oil?
you can, it might not taste the best, but you can.Can you fry pork chops in olive oil?
Lol, someone told me not to fry in olive oil when i asked about a port recipe, and i was wondering this same thing.





I always only use OLIVE OIL, all other oil is not as good for you.





Mine taste fine, so you can fry whatever you want in olive oil.





Some poeple just dont like that taste that it has, so for those people oviously its better to use something else
Sure you can you can fry anything in olive oil %26amp; it will taste very good too. Just rember to trim the fat from the pork chops.
Yes, but i would cook it in coconut oil instead. Organic, virgin, unrefined coconut oil.





Although mainstream media portrays olive oil as the healthiest oil, this title does not extend to cooking. Olive oil is primarily a monounsaturated fat. This means that it has one double bond in its fatty acid structure. Although a monounsaturated fat is inherently more stable than a polyunsaturated fat, the overabundance of oleic acid in olive oil creates an imbalance on the cellular level, which has been associated to an increased risk of breast cancer and heart disease. Olive oil is a smart fat to include in your diet in a non-heated form, however.
I use olive oil for most everything. Just be careful that your pan is not too hot because the olive oil will burn.
yes can..throw in some garlic and you have yourself some good tasting chops
Sure
Yes you can fry pork chops in Olive Oil, they do it on the food channel all the time.
olive oil is best for you
yes we have. but we usually fry them in veggie oil... it tends to work a little better. but either one will work.
I guess I'm here to play the anomoly and say that it's best NOT to fry in Olive Oil.





Olive Oil breaks down rather quickly under higher heat which is required when frying. Best to use a Safflower or Canola or Peanut oil for frying.





Sorry gang!





I KNEW I'd get a thumbs-down! Too bad I'm right.
We do it all the time. Even extra-virgin! The chops will not taste like olive oil, and they will probably be a little ';better'; for you than other types of oils -- definitely better than shortening.





.
Sure. I like to marinate the chops in olive oil and rosemary before I go to work. I just take them out and grill them when I get home.


They are best if you let them reach room temp before you grill them. Salt %26amp; pepper to taste.
I cook mine in extra virgin olive oil.
Sure, why not!
yes you can and I like adobo spice on it yummy
Yes. Olive oil tastes the best. As a side dish I love little red potatoes with olive oil, rosemary and shallots. Put into the oven at 400 F. Test them after about 30 minutes. It depends how small the potatoes are.
yeha, I did it b4, just dont let the olive oil smoke! dont let it burn.
yes and it's actually healthier!
  • codes for myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment