Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do you cook with Olive Oil?

I always do...Do you cook with Olive Oil?
You bet, all the time.





Well, if I am frying something and want to use really high heat, then no, as olive oil does not have a high smoke point. I use canola or grape seed oil for a high smoke point.Do you cook with Olive Oil?
I never cook olive oil. I use it on salad.


I like to cook with canola oil because it tastes better, and it is also very healthy.
Absolutely
I do but not always.








nfd
Yes
Always. Except for baking, then I use canola.
yes its probably the best thing u could cook with!!
depends on what flavor I'm going for... I usually use olive oil as it is fairly healthy, but at times when I don't want the heavier flavor, I'll opt for canola.





olive oil is my preferred, but, at times, just gotta cook with popeye (couldn't resist).
Always!
When the situation calls for it's use I will use the right olive oil for the right cooking situation . I would never use evo for cooking nor would I ever use olive oil as my standard every day cooking oil .


The reason being is that it has three major drawbacks


It's flavor


It's low smoke point


It's cost -it's expensive stuff


I'm of Greek descent and olives and olive oil have been in my heritage for 3000 years so I am more than a little familiar with the product
almost exclusively
not all the time .


it would depend on the dish that i am cooking at the time i do not use it when i cook Chinese or Indian food nor would i use it for English foods .


however i do use olive oil for most Mediterranean dishes but some use butter as opposed to olive oil.


so i would use the appropriate oil fat or butter for the dish that i am cooking
All the time!
Always when I'm cooking Italian. But if I have to fry something like french fries I use Canola.
I would have to say at least 98 percent of the time. If I am making stir fry or fried rice I use dark sesame oil.
I use olive oil for quick sautees of vegetables or making dressings or dips. It is kind of a waste of money if you are cooking high temp or for a long time, as the oil loses its flavor. For high temp frying, i use peanut or soybean, and for stir-frys i use peanut mixed with sesame (same flavor, lower cost). I also use sesame in a lot of asian dishes for its lovely caramel flavor
me too
Yup, lower cholestorol and all that jazz...
sometimes, it is more expensive than plain vegetable oil.
Yes, it's the best!
yes we have slowly switched to olive oil over the last few months..the only thing we use regular oil is for the deep fryer cause thats alot of olive oil ....

No comments:

Post a Comment