Thursday, January 7, 2010

Once a week I rub warm olive oil mixed with cinnamon into my scalp. Is this healthy?

I heard somewhere that cinnamon stimulates the scalp so I do the hot oil treatment every week. After it, my scalp feels warm and 'active' if you know what I mean, like there's toothpaste on it. Is this healthy for my hair or am I messing with it? Btw, I was wondering, is it possible to lighten your hair that way then??? Someone said cinammon bleaches gently...Once a week I rub warm olive oil mixed with cinnamon into my scalp. Is this healthy?
Hi


Nothing wrong with this although you may find your hair becoming a little greasy. It is recommended to use a specific product with the relevant ingredients. There are some great products for your hair that contain olive oil.Once a week I rub warm olive oil mixed with cinnamon into my scalp. Is this healthy?
I have never heard of this treatment, but i have heard that anything with olive oil works well to restore moisture and shine. I've also never heard that cinnamon lightens, but I would only recommend going lighter with a stylist. Too many things can go wrong with lightening yourself - ie orange hair, brittle hair etc. Mayo and avacado are supposed to be really good for your hair as well, just dont overdo it or you'll have a greasy mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment