Saturday, December 26, 2009

Anyone ever try soaking your razor between shaves in olive oil to keep the blade sharp and corrosion-free?

From what I read, pre shave oils are basically a mixture of olive oil and castor oil. I suspect the expensive blade-soaking product I use now (which works) is similar in composition. There's nothing out there that I can find on this. Seems like soaking the razor in olive oil/or olive oil and castor oil might be a common sense, uh, solution, but I think I may be missing something.Anyone ever try soaking your razor between shaves in olive oil to keep the blade sharp and corrosion-free?
I do it all the time. Just plain olive oil. I find that it works just fine, and it costs less. It keeps the razor sharp and I get fewer nicks. I shave a much larger area than most men and the oil makes the blade glide more smoothly over the skin throughout the shave.Anyone ever try soaking your razor between shaves in olive oil to keep the blade sharp and corrosion-free?
Cool, I didn't know that. I'm gonna try it for sure!
Wow, I didn't know that. I'm gonna try it for sure!
Makes perfect sense to me,, Olive, or any other oil will keep your razor blades protected from the air which is what makes them rust.


Plus it has to cheaper, so that's all to the good. If I was you, I sure would.
OK, but with the high price of olive oil, isn't it cheaper to replace the blade / razor since they are cheap ?

No comments:

Post a Comment