Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is the price of Greek olive oil in the USA?

Specifically a question for our American cousins!!!!





How easy is it to buy Greek olive oil in the US?





And how much does it cost for say 500ml (about 1 pint)?





Can you also get imported honey in the US? If so how much for 1 pound (half a kilo)?What is the price of Greek olive oil in the USA?
I don't know about honey, but my extra virgin olive oil cost me $6.79 for a pint at the international grocery store last week. That price might be a bit high, because the store's prices are dear. But, I can get all the imported items I need at the same place.What is the price of Greek olive oil in the USA?
When I was a chef, I prefered Greek olive oil for salads and on foods, and used Spanish for cooking, I am not a fan of Italian, but here in Canada and especially in Toronto were I live, we have a large greek community and a great greek area in town, I buy Krinos, at pay $4.99 for a 500 ml plastic bottle. I also buy honey and my favorite the Krinos Eggplant in syrup.





There are several I have had a great one from Crete, is a glass bottle but like I said I only used in for salads, appetizers and finishing on foods like lamb and cassarola or moussaka.
Greek olive oil, honey and many products are readily available! We have three Greek grocers in our neighborhood alone! Prices are not much different than Italian olive oil or American honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment