Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I sub Olive oil for Vegetable oil?

I am tryin to make a cake for my brother's birthday. On the instructions it tells a way I can make it cholesterol free and I decided to use that one because my dad is trying to lower his cholesterol, and unless its cholesterol free I'm afraid he wont have any of it.





So the only kind of oil there is in the house is Olive oil but it says to use vegetable oil. I was wondering if there's any difference? Can I still use the Olive oil? Is it cholesterol free like the vegetable oil?





Thanks.Can I sub Olive oil for Vegetable oil?
No difference once it is heated.





If you were to leave it cold, olive oil is better.Can I sub Olive oil for Vegetable oil?
dont use olive oil..there is a difference,...trust me...
check the information on the lables of both oils...to my knowledge,olive oil is a healthier option..
My parents have high cholesterol and they were told to use olive oil, it lowers LDL levels..
well. i dont think olive oil would be really good to use because it kinda has a stronger flavor. olive oil is the healthiest but vegatable oil is the second healthiest.


It would be excellent health wise! But i dont know about taste wise.... but i imagine that it would still be ok! So yes olive oil is the healthiest
yes, actually olive oil is better for you. It doesn't make a bit of difference when it comes to cooking either.
Olive oil will make your cake taste different, if you use extra virgin oil, the difference will be noticeable and you might not care for the taste. If you are using one of the lighter olive oils, the difference in taste might not be too objectionable. If you have time and means, I would suggest a trip to the market for a small bottle of canola oil which is essentially tasteless and good for baking.
Olive oil is terrible for baking and most cooking, because it has a very low smoke point, meaning it burns at low temperatures. The oil will turn black, and taste awful. It's really best used for salads and dressings, but not for cooking. Stick to vegetable or canola.
Dont use olive oil. It will make the cake a different texture and you and other people will know something in not right in that cake. You can substitute butter, but I wouldnt do that if you are trying to make it cholesterol free.





Your better off going to the store and getting some Vegetable oil!
it wouldn't taste right, you should try canola oil instead
YES!!!! Olive Oil is the healthiest oil and cooking oil out there!!!! Please use it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment