Saturday, December 26, 2009

How much olive oil should you give dogs per day? I have 2 Italian Greyhounds....?

TABLESPOON???? A TEASPOON of any oil a day AT MOST!! You have lttle IGGYS, not racing Greys!!Too much oil will give them diarrhea big time!! What would be more beneficial for them is fish oil. Omegas and all that, very good for you and the dogs both. You can get fish oil capsules any place they sell vitamins. I would give them one capsule a day. If the capsule is too big for them to swallow, pierce it with a pin and squeeze onto their food. Take one yourself, it's a great source of essential fatty acids, omegas, etc. If a dog is bound up give them a bit of canned pumpkin with rice and cooked ground meat or chicken for each meal until they are regular... It is the best thing for dogs off their ';routine';. ALWAYS take your dog to the vet if they are ill or running a fever for more than 2 days. Better safe than sorry.How much olive oil should you give dogs per day? I have 2 Italian Greyhounds....?
My ';opening'; was directed towards the other answerers suggesting you give Iggys that much oil. I was horrified at the suggestion. In all probability it would have made them so sick you would need to take them to the vet. Report Abuse
How much olive oil should you give dogs per day? I have 2 Italian Greyhounds....?
Olive oil? For what? I would consult your vet.
Olive oil is good for the dogs skin but dont give to much. maybe a little.


but i agree you should contact your vet and ask.
You should probably give them about two tablespoons each per day. This will keep thier coat shiney and there skin won't get dry.
You can mix a tablespoon in with their food.
About 3 table spoons per dog.
I've never given any of my dogs olive oil. Why do you think you need to do this?
You're already feeding an outstanding food - my favorite, by the way. If their coats or skin are dry or they need a few more calories, you could give them a teaspoon of olive oil. They are small dogs, and any more than that may give them loose stools.
Do not give this everyday. It can cause diarrhea. I use flaxseed oil once a week. I give my dogs a big tablespoon, but, they are maostiffs, and a weimaraner. Large dogs.
If you are feeding them a balanced and nutritional diet, you shouldn't need to feed them any oil
I've never heard of giving them olive oil. I've heard of giving them canola oil. Probably a tablespoon for your dogs
about 1 teaspoon,,it's good for dry skin and gives a shiny coat.
I give my dogs a tablespoon of olive oil once a day and a vitamin e pill as well once a day. I mix this with their food in the morning. They both have great coats, and their digestive movements look healthier.
my vet said my male toy poodle didn't need any oil in his diet. ';just make his food mushy with water';.


the old wife's tales said that the oil (usually bacon grease) was used for flavor or seasoning dog's food, help keep a shiny coat and to avoid constipation. that's why i wanted to give my puppy some oil...he has such a hard time (sometimes) with his bowels. he actually yelps while having a movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment