Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is extra virgin olive oil good for baby body cream?

I am thinking of using olive oil for my babyIs extra virgin olive oil good for baby body cream?
I live in the UK. And when I took my current baby for massage classes they recommended olive oil. They said natural oils were better for baby. And it is not drying and does not have parabens like baby oil.Is extra virgin olive oil good for baby body cream?
I have never used olive oil as a body creme (never even considered it, I might have to give it a try now). I have always heard shea butter and coco butter is good for baby skin as well as lavender oil. I have tried lavender oil on myself and enjoyed it-plus its mild enough you can (usually, unless your very sensitive) put it on straight without needing to dilute it with another oil.
olive oil = good and natural and certainly not drying (?!)


baby oil (johnsons at least) = nasty chemicals and mineral oils. again in uk at baby massage class they said not to use baby oil as it is not absorbed it just sits on the skin creating the illusion of a mositurised baby. I use olive oil on me and on him. it works a treat. use organic extra virgin.
seriously??


buy baby oil, its cheaper and better for ur baby. baby Oil locks in up to ten times more moisture on wet skin than an ordinary lotion can on dry skin, leaving your baby's skin soft and smooth..


BUT THERE IS THIS PRODUCT YOU CAN USE... THAT IS FRUIT OIL NOT OLIVE OIL. olive oil will dry out ur baby'e skin





http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/hair/olive鈥?/a>
I use olive oil on my kids and it's fine. Not to mention it is natural. I also use it in my bath and on my skin. I love it. Buy a small bottle and try it, you may like it. If you don't like it, just use it for cooking, no loss ;-)
its perfectly fine if only you can put up with particular smell and feeling of greasiness.Its actually may be even better than baby oil
olive oil is very drying.. not recomended
Olive oil is for cooking not for use on a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment