Friday, December 18, 2009

Do I need to keep olive oil refridgerated after opening the bottle?

Nope. You don't need to refrigerate unless if it states it on the bottle. I've got 2 open bottles of olive oil (not on purpose) for the past 4 months...and I use it with no loss of quality or flavor.Do I need to keep olive oil refridgerated after opening the bottle?
No, I keep mine on the self in kitchen. PemDo I need to keep olive oil refridgerated after opening the bottle?
No, that's the worst thing you could do! Keep it at room temperature.
No
According to Mary Dan Eades author of The Protein Power Lifeplan you're supposed to refrige it and then use it within 2 weeks. But my mom just stores it in the cupboard and its still good.
It is recommended, however I use it so often that it is a pain in the toot to wait for it to thaw from the fridge.
I keep mine in my cupboard...it loses flavor in the fridge!
no
No. It will harden.
Yes, unless you use it very quickly. It should also be stored in a dark bottle to reduce oxidation and decline in quality.





Chilled it may look cloudy but this is harmless.

No comments:

Post a Comment