Friday, December 18, 2009

If u drink a tablespoon of olive oil will it take u longer 2 get drunk cuz the oil coats ur stomach?

My boyfriend is a long time bartender and he says this works agree or disagree?If u drink a tablespoon of olive oil will it take u longer 2 get drunk cuz the oil coats ur stomach?
Actually this is a very European thing. When I lived in Spain they always told me to take a tablespoon of olive oil before I went out and it would help to curb the effects of alcohol. I asked my dad (who is from there) and he said that it was an old home remedy to cure stomach upsets and to help with the effects of alcohol so long as you take the oil before you start drinking.





Keep in mind that it help curb the effects on the STOMACH not on the BRAIN... Don't think you can go out and drive just because you had some oil...If u drink a tablespoon of olive oil will it take u longer 2 get drunk cuz the oil coats ur stomach?
probably not but it will sure not make you constipated
No. If you drink too much you get drunk. Thats the way it works.
I don't know but your more likely to throw up.
That's one I haven't heard before.


I've been also been told you should eat a few slices of white bread, it will act like a sponge.
There is some truth in that, being that he is a bartender, he probably hears about a lot of people doing it, they say to never drink on an empty stomach, so yes the oil would coat it, there must be an easier way, like dipping bread in the oil to make it taste better.
Not sure about the oil....But, 2 raw eggs will do the trick.%26lt;:3 }~ THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment