Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I heard that i am supposed to store any extra Olive oil in my refrigerator, any ideas?

All vegetable oils can go rancid after a long period of time once the bottle is opened. However, it's a very long time....several months to well over a year.





So, it's best to buy enough olive oil to meet you needs for a couple of months and then buy a new bottle. buying olive oil in bulk is probably best left to the big restaurant kitchens.





But not a good idea to put it in the fridge...just in the cupboard at room temp.I heard that i am supposed to store any extra Olive oil in my refrigerator, any ideas?
how do mean, extra? Like used?


I never store my fresh olive oil in the fridge..just in a bottle on the counter..I'm not sure about used...I heard that i am supposed to store any extra Olive oil in my refrigerator, any ideas?
No fridge, it'll stay fine for a long while in the cupboard.
I dont i keep it in a cool dark place in my shelf and it lasts for months or more, dont put it in the refridgerator it will get hard and cloudy and may go rancid on u...
NO DONT DO THAT!!! oil will go bad if put in the fridge. the best place for it is you cabinet
No it will get cloudy and thick: store in cool dark spot, not above the oven.
No, don't do that, it will solidify. Store it in a semicool place (in a cupboard or cabinet) but NOT above the stove.
Don't keep it in the fridge, the best place to keep it is in a dark and cool place like your cabinets.
aside from temperature, watch out for light





so either store in a dark place (pantry), or do what i do -- place my oil bottle inside a slim paper bag

No comments:

Post a Comment