Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm making butter pecan cake and I cant find my vegetable oil, can I use olive oil?';?

I know that you have to use vegetable oil, but I can't find it at the moment, will virgin olive oil work, or will it taste weird. If so, can i cover the taste up?I'm making butter pecan cake and I cant find my vegetable oil, can I use olive oil?';?
The flavor of olive oil will be way to stong. No.I'm making butter pecan cake and I cant find my vegetable oil, can I use olive oil?';?
lol that happens to me with some ingredient virtually every time i cook


olive oil will not make a difference in taste, the sugar and such will cover it up!
Tabby, olive oil will do fine. Just don't use the same amount as vegetable oil and if you add some cinnamon it will help cover the taste.


Spartawo...
Yes. The taste difference will be mild if noticable at all
I got this from chefdepot.net:





Can olive oil be used in baking recipes that call for butter, margarine, vegetable oil or shortening?





Yes! Try olive oil in your muffin and cake and cornbread recipes (but not in recipes in which butter is the principal flavor like butter cookies or pound cake).





Can olive oil be used to ';grease'; a pan in place of butter or vegetable oil?





Yes!
EVOO will make the cake different than what you're used to. Borrow some oil from a neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment